Your property tax is due Dec. 20. Please pay your county treasurer. The Tax Commission doesn't take property tax payments.
Property taxes are used to pay for schools, cities, counties, local law enforcement, fire protection, highways, libraries, and more. The state oversees local property tax procedures to make sure they comply with Idaho laws. Also the Idaho State Tax Commission sets property tax values for operating property, which consists mainly of public utilities and railroads.
Most homes, farms, and businesses are subject to property tax. Taxes are determined according to a property's current market value minus any exemptions. For example, homeowners of owner-occupied property may qualify for a partial exemption. Also, qualified low income homeowners can receive a property tax reduction.
- NEW! 2015 Winter Appraisal School brochure
- 2013 Personal Property Distribution by District
- 2010 - 2013 PacificCorp Judgment Amounts
- 2008 -2009 PacificCorp Judgment Amounts
- Personal Property Single Taxpayer Determination - Common Enterprise
- History of Property Tax in Idaho
- Property Assessment - Frequent Questions
- Property tax related links