You have several ways to get help.
Check your refund status
Make a one-time payment from your bank account
See all payment options
Respond to an identity verification letter
Set up or access a TAP account
Apply for a tax permit (businesses)
Change your address, individuals
Change it on your next income tax return or contact us (see below).
Request copies of your own tax returns
Get a Power of Attorney form
See property-tax relief programs for homeowners
Ask about property tax bills or assessments
See what to do if you forgot to file a tax return
Learn what to do if you’re a victim of identity theft
Report suspected tax fraud
Email or call us
We're committed to protecting you by sharing your sensitive information only with you or your legal representative. So, we'll ask for information to verify your identity.
You'll get faster service if you have the following information ready:
- Any letter we recently sent or that you're calling about
- Spouse's SSN (if applicable)
- Refund amount of most recent return filed (if applicable)
- For businesses, your EIN and any permit numbers (e.g. seller's permit number or withholding account number)
- Signed, valid Power of Attorney (POA) on file if you're representing someone else
You can email us at email@example.com. You should receive a response within 5-7 business days.
- Your full name and address
- Last four digits only of your Social Security number or EIN
- Your permit number (some businesses)
Add our email address to your address book to ensure you’ll receive the response. Also, check the table above to see if we have a self-help tool that could assist you.
We might review emails for quality assurance, or for common themes to help us develop and improve taxpayer resources.
Customer service hours
Mountain Time: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Pacific Time: 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- To speak to a specific Tax Commission employee, call that person directly.
- For payment plans and overdue accounts, see Compliance.