You might be eligible for the Property Tax Reduction program if you’re an Idaho resident and homeowner. The program could reduce your property taxes by $250 to $1,500 on your home and up to one acre of land.
Note: This program won’t reduce solid waste, irrigation, or other fees that government entities charge.
Read more about this program:
You might qualify for this program in 2024 if all of these apply:
- Your total 2023 income, after deducting medical expenses, was $37,000 or less.
- You were 65 or older, blind, widowed, disabled, a former POW or hostage, or a motherless or fatherless child under 18 years old.
- You owned and lived in a home in Idaho that was your primary residence before April 15, 2024.
- The property must have a current homeowner’s exemption.
- The home can be a mobile home.
You could qualify if you live in a care facility or nursing home in 2024 or lived in one in 2023. Contact your county assessor’s office for information
You must apply and qualify for this program every year. You must apply between January 1 and April 15, 2024, for a reduction to 2024 property taxes.
If your application’s approved, your benefit will appear on your December 2024 property tax bill.
Before you apply: See the guide for the 2023 Property Tax Reduction Program for the information you’ll need to have ready.
You’ll need the information on the Medical Expense Statement below to apply. You might also need the other forms.