Forgot to File?

If you forgot to file your income tax returns or register for appropriate permits, this page will help you determine what to do next. Whether you’re an individual or a business, contact us so we can help you meet any filing requirements you might have overlooked.

We don’t capture any personal data when you visit this site; it’s strictly for your information. Learn more about how the Tax Commission protects your privacy.

Should you contact us?

Please get in touch with us if any of the following situations apply:


  • Haven’t filed income tax returns for one or more years.
  • Haven’t filed because you don’t have the money to pay the tax due.
  • Live in Idaho but work in another state and haven’t filed.
  • Live in another state but work in Idaho and haven’t filed.
  • Conduct business in Idaho and haven’t filed.
  • Have employees and need a withholding permit.
  • Make sales in Idaho and need a seller’s permit.
  • Are unsure about whether you have to file returns.


Although we can’t waive interest, we’ll consider reducing any penalties that apply if you file your return voluntarily. Visit our Penalties and Interest page for more information.

Need help or have questions?

Please email us at or at one of the numbers below.

 Contact Information
For individual tax returns

(208) 332‑6641 [Boise]

(800) 972‑7660, ext. 6641 [toll‑free]

For business tax returns

(208) 954-8861 [Boise]

(800) 972‑7660, ext. 8861 [toll‑free]

For information about recent delinquencies, please contact our Taxpayer Services office

(208) 334‑7660 [Boise]

(800) 972‑7660 [toll‑free]