Business Income Tax Basics Guide

You must file income tax returns for your business entity if any of the following are true:

  • You’re transacting business in Idaho.
  • You’re registered with the Idaho Secretary of State to do business in Idaho.
  • You have income attributable to Idaho.
  • You’re a fiduciary.

Transacting business in Idaho is indicated by, but not limited to, the following activities:

  • You own or lease, as lessor or lessee, any property in Idaho.
  • You solicit business in Idaho.
  • You are a member of a partnership or S corporation with business in Idaho.
  • You have any Idaho activity from which you receive, realize or derive income.
  • You have an agent — such as a collector, repair person, or delivery person — acting on your behalf in Idaho.