Idaho State Tax Commission

Business Taxpayer Self-Service

We provide two ways for you to request changes to your permit account.

TAP: Taxpayer Access Point

Sign into your TAP account to:

  • Change your mailing address
  • Change your physical location address
  • Change a name (legal business or DBA — with no entity type change)
  • Cancel your permit/account when filing your return
    (For a list of returns available in TAP, visit our Intro to TAP page.)

Please allow 7 to 14 business days for your TAP-submitted request to take effect.

It takes just a few minutes to register with TAP. However, if you can't use TAP to submit your request, please use the form below.

If not using TAP, submit your request using this form

Check the box next to any action you're requesting.

(with no entity type change)

* For example, change from sole proprietor to LLC or S-Corp. A business entity change requires a new Idaho Business Registration (IBR).

Please complete all the fields below to help us identify your account.

Some fields are required *

Use this space for information that will help us complete your request (for example, your new business entity/type, or the effective closing date for your permit).

We'll contact you if we have questions. Otherwise, please allow up to 30 days for your request to take effect. Contact us if you have questions.

Last updated June 19, 2015

This information is for general guidance only. Tax laws are complex and change regularly. We can't cover every circumstance in our guides. This guidance may not apply to your situation. Please contact us with any questions. We work to provide current and accurate information. But some information could have technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. If there's a conflict between current tax law and this information, current tax law will govern.