Idaho State Tax Commission


Help for the self-employed and retired

If you're self-employed or receive a pension payment, use the withholding tables to help you decide how much to set aside to pay your income tax.

Idaho doesn't require estimated tax payments from individuals, but you can make payments at any time using either of these methods:

  • Form 51, Estimated Payment of Idaho Individual Income Tax
  • Quick Pay online (no login needed)

For more information, visit our W-4 page.

Page last updated March 28, 2019. Last full review of page: February 19, 2019.

This information is for general guidance only. Tax laws are complex and change regularly. We can't cover every circumstance in our guides. This guidance may not apply to your situation. Please contact us with any questions. We work to provide current and accurate information. But some information could have technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. If there's a conflict between current tax law and this information, current tax law will govern.