Thank you for your interest in employment with the Idaho State Tax Commission. At the Tax Commission, we recognize we can achieve our dual goals of providing quality service to the public and maximizing revenue for the state with the right number of well-trained and dedicated employees. As employees, we enjoy a competitive compensation package and work/life balance while working together to administer tax law and promote fairness, consistency, and compliance.
Please review the current career opportunities below. Selecting an opportunity from the list will take you to the job announcement that is currently posted with the Idaho Division of Human Resources (DHR). Although DHR facilitates the application process for all classified positions within the state of Idaho, some part-time and temporary openings require you to apply directly through the Tax Commission.
All job openings with the state of Idaho are listed on the website of the Idaho Division of Human Resources and each job announcement provides specific information about the position and how to apply.
Once again, thank you for your interest in joining our organization, and good luck in your job search.
- Software Engineer I (two positions open in Property Tax in Boise) (closes 02-05-2021)
- Tax Season Temporary: Taxpayer Accounting Clerks and Registration Desk Clerks (closes 02-05-2021)
- Tax Auditor 1 (Underfill for Tax Auditor 2) in Coeur d’Alene Audit, Income Tax (closes 01-27-2021)
- Tax Auditor 1 (Underfill for Tax Auditor 2) Two openings in Boise Audit, Income Tax (closes 01-27-2021)
- Tax Auditor 1 - Tax Discovery Bureau/Fraud (Underfill for TA2) (closes 01-27-2021)
- Tax Auditor 1 (Underfill for TA2) Audit, Tax Discovery, Business Non-filer in Boise (closes 01-27-2021)
The state of Idaho offers a competitive benefits package for state employees.
The Idaho State Tax Commission is committed to helping those who have served our country. Please visit the Veterans Information page on the Idaho Division of Human Resources website.
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. In addition, preference in the hiring process may be given to veterans according to state and federal laws and regulations. If you need special accommodations for required testing, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification program, which helps employers verify employment eligibility. This program was established by the U. S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration according to Executive Order #2001-10. Participation in the E-Verify program doesn't exempt the agency from the obligation to complete a Form I-9 for everyone it hires.