Idaho State Tax Commission

Idaho State Tax Commission

Contact Us

The Idaho State Tax Commission can't guarantee the confidentiality of any information sent via email. Add us to your address book to assure you'll receive our response.

Copies of tax returns you’ve filed

To request copies of your own tax returns, please use Form STC-06.

What we need to discuss tax records

The Idaho State Tax Commission is committed to protecting you and your information. We do this by sharing your sensitive information only with you or your legal representative. To ensure we share your data properly, we’ll ask for information – in addition to a Social Security number (SSN), Employer Identification Number (EIN), or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) – that will verify your identity.

You’ll get faster service if you have the following information and documents available when you contact us by phone, email, or in person:

  • Government-issued photo ID - driver’s license, passport, ID card
  • Tax Commission-issued account number
  • Correspondence number/document that matches a letter we sent you
  • Name as it appears on tax return and address from last filing
  • Your name if you’re representing a taxpayer
  • Filing status on last return filed
  • Spouse’s SSN
  • Permit number (if applicable, e.g. sales or withholding account number)
  • Power of Attorney (POA)
  • Refund amount

General tax questions

If your question wasn't answered on our website, please email us at


Income tax returns

Idaho State Tax Commission
PO Box 56
Boise ID 83756-0056

General correspondence

Idaho State Tax Commission
PO Box 36
Boise ID 83722-0410


Call us at (208) 334-7660 in the Boise area or toll-free at (800) 972-7660. Hearing impaired callers, use the Idaho Relay Service at (800) 377-3529.

Refund status

For information on the status of your income tax refund:

  • Check your refund status online
  • Call (208) 364-7389 in the Boise area, or (888) 228-5770 toll-free

E-filing or e-payment help

Our Electronic Filing Helpdesk is available at or call (208) 332-6632.

If you have a question on our e-payment services, please email us at

For help registering in TAP, filing a return, or making a payment:

  • Call us at 334-7660 in the Boise area, or
  • Call toll-free at (800) 972-7660, or
  • Email

For technical help with file uploads, call us at (208) 332-6632 or email

Problems with website (or website documents)

If you're having trouble e-filing, e-paying, or using our Taxpayer Access Point (TAP) site, please see E-File Help (above).

If you're having problems on our website, please email us at

Read more about this site. If you email, including this information will help us serve you better:

  • What Web browser are you using? (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, AOL's browser, Safari). If you know the version number, please include that.
  • What computer software are you using? (i.e. Windows Vista, Mac 10.5, AOL 7)
  • If the problem is with a PDF form, what version of Acrobat Reader are you using? (i.e. 8.0, 10.0)

You may complete this Website Feedback form. (Be sure and provide your email address if you want a response.)

Media contact

Please visit our newsroom at

Administrative contacts

Commissioners To reach Chairman Rich Jackson, Commissioner Tom Katsilometes, or Commissioner Ken Roberts, please contact Valerie Dilley, Executive Administrative Assistant, or call (208) 334-7500.
Financial Officer Mark Poppler
(208) 334-7507
Tax Policy Manager Michael Chakarun
(208) 334-7544
Deputy Attorney General Bill von Tagen
(208) 334-7530
Audit Administrator Randy Tilley
(208) 334-7615
Collection Administrator Debbie Coulson
(208) 334-7633
Revenue Operations Administrator Doreen Warren
(208) 334-7839
Property Tax Administrator Steve Fiscus
(208) 334-7730
Public Information Officer Liz Rodosovich
(208) 334-7505
Human Resources Officer Roxanne Lopez
(208) 334-7521
Security/Safety Officer Chuck Pond
(208) 334-7563
Chief Information Officer (Information Technology) Mike Teller
(208) 334-7853
Special Projects Manager Robin O'Neill
(208) 364-7387
Data Analysis Manager Scott Grothe
(208) 334-7765


If you owe taxes, you may receive a call from our Phone Power unit at (855) 556-4230. You can return calls to this toll-free number, or call it if you have a question about the amount you owe. The number looks different from other Tax Commission numbers because it’s routed through an out-of-state service.

Property Tax

The Tax Commission’s Property Tax Division oversees local property tax procedures to make sure they comply with Idaho laws. Contact your county’s officials for any questions on your bill.

Technical Services

(208) 334-7750

General Property Appraisal

(208) 334-7733

  • Forestry/Timber program: email Rod Brevig or call (208) 334-7737.
  • Locally Assessed property: email Matt Virgil or call (208) 403-7850.
  • Personal property: email Jim Powell or call (208) 334-7740.
Operating (Centrally Assessed) Property
  • Bureau chief: email Dwayne Hines or call (208) 334-7709
  • For reporting requirements, filing issues, and preliminary or final operating property values: email Leena Gilman or call (208) 334-7709
  • Mapping: email Craig Johnson or call (208) 334-7721

Property Tax Education program

  • Education program: email Jan Barnard or call (208) 334-7733.

Consulting Appraisers by District

District 1
Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Clearwater, Kootenai, Latah, Nez Perce, Shoshone
Brad Broenneke (208) 310-6007
District 2
Adams, Gem, Idaho, Lewis, Payette, Washington
Greg Himes(208) 365-5014
District 3
Ada, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Owyhee, Valley
Kathlynn Ireland (208) 954-1070
District 4
Blaine, Butte, Camas, Custer, Lemhi, Lincoln
Greg Heinrich (208) 320-1104
District 5
Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Minidoka, Oneida, Twin Falls
Robert Rios(208) 731-2304
District 6
Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Caribou, Franklin, Power
Alex Chizewsky(208) 540-1510
District 7
Bonneville, Clark, Fremont, Jefferson, Madison, Teton
Matt Virgil
Section Manager
(208) 403-7850

Property Tax Reduction (Circuit Breaker) or Deferral

  • Property Tax Reduction (Circuit Breaker) program: email Pam Waters or call (208) 334-7736.
  • Property Tax Deferral: email Pam Waters or call (208) 334-7736.

Property Tax Policy, Rules, Budget & Levy

  • Tax Policy: email Alan Dornfest or call (208) 334-7742.
  • Administrative Rules/Statutes: email Rick Anderson or call (208) 332-6624.
  • Budget & Levy: email Gary Houde or call (208) 334-7541.

Forgot to file a tax return

If you're more than a year late in your filing and our Forgot to File page didn't provide you with the information you need, please email us at or call us:

  • For individual tax returns, call (208) 334-7582 in the Boise area or toll-free at (800) 972-7660, ext. 7582.
  • For business tax returns, call (208) 332-6658 in the Boise area or toll-free at (800) 972-7660, ext. 6658
  • For information about recent delinquencies, please contact our Taxpayer Services office at (208) 334-7660 in the Boise area or toll-free at (800) 972-7660.

Tax liens

If there is an unknown tax lien on your credit report, you may request a lien search. Please supply the docket or filing number. You may email us at

Fuels tax

  • For questions on fuel distributor reporting and record keeping, email us at:
  • For questions on electronic filing, including how to get the free IdaFuel software or EDI specifications, email us at: or call us (208) 332-6632 in the Boise area or toll-free at (800) 972-7660, ext. 6632.
  • For information on Idaho fuel distributor licensing requirements, email us at:
  • To report noncompliance, email us at:
  • For information on your motor fuels tax refund, call Kevin Davis at (208) 334-7601 or Jill Young at (208) 334-7666.
  • For fuels tax refund (Form 75) questions, email us at: or call us at (208) 334-7830 in the Boise area or toll-free at (800) 972-7660, ext. 7830
  • Reach the Fuels Tax Policy Specialist at: or call us at (208) 334-7855 in the Boise area or toll-free at (800) 972-7660, ext. 7855


IFTA license, decals, license renewal, and return help
Phone: (208) 334-7806 Boise — or toll-free: (800) 972-7660, ext. 7806
Fax: (208) 334-7650

Fuels tax refund (Form 75) questions
Phone: (208) 334-7830 Boise — or toll-free: (800) 972-7660, ext. 7830
Fax: (208) 334-7650

IFTA Collection Unit
Phone: (208) 334-7652 Boise — or toll-free: (800) 972-7660, ext. 7652
Fax: (208) 364-7678

Fuels Tax Policy Specialist
Phone: (208) 334-7855 Boise — or toll-free: (800) 972-7660, ext. 7855
Fax: (208) 334-7844

Fuel purchased from an Idaho Indian reservation
Call toll-free: (800) 972-7660, ext. 7692

IFTA: Other state agencies

Idaho Transportation Department
Call: (208) 334-8000 Boise

Commercial Vehicle Services
Call: (208) 334-8611 Boise
Fax: (208) 334-2006

Vehicle Titles
Call: (208) 334-8663 Boise
Fax: (208) 334-8658

Idaho Ports of Entry
Call: (208) 334-8688 Boise
Fax: (208) 334-8696

Commercial Vehicle Section, Idaho State Police
Call: (208) 884-7220 Boise
Fax: (208) 884-7192

Federal agencies

Federal Highway Administration
Call: (208) 334-1843 Boise
Fax: (208) 334-1691

Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Call: (208) 334-1842 Boise
Fax: (208) 334-1691

Addresses for key IFTA contacts in Idaho

IFTA forms & publications
Idaho State Tax Commission
PO Box 36
Boise ID 83722-0410

Commercial Vehicle Services
Idaho Transportation Department
PO Box 7129
Boise ID 83707-7129

Voluntary Disclosure Agreements

If your question wasn't answered in our Voluntary Disclosure Agreement page or you'd like to contact us about this program, please email

Substitute Forms Help Desk

If you need more information about this program, email

Tax identity theft

If you need to report you've been a victim of tax identity theft, please email or call us (Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.) at (208) 334-7604 in the Boise area or toll-free at (800) 972-7660, ext. 7604. Hearing impaired callers, use the Idaho Relay Service at (800) 377-3529.

Return to top of page

Last updated Feb. 10, 2015