Paying Cigarette Tax
You can pay your cigarette tax in one of these ways:
- Include payment when mailing your Form 1550. The Form 1550, Idaho Cigarette Tax Return, is due on the 20th of the month following the tax period (e.g., October’s return is due November 20). Personalized copies of Form 1550 are mailed to account owners and aren’t available on our website. If you’ve misplaced your paper returns, you can request reprints by contacting Taxpayer Services at (208) 334-7660 in the Boise area or toll free at (800) 972-7660. Form 1550 Instructions.
- Pay securely online with an electronic payment:
- You can use your Taxpayer Access Point (TAP) account. Visit TAP availability for the dates you can pay your cigarette tax.
- You can use Quick Pay if you don’t have a TAP account.
- You can use any of the options on our E-Pay page.
- Pay in person at any of our offices. Visit our Office Hours and Locations page.
We recommend you don’t leave cash in a drop box.
For payments of $100,000 or more You must use ACH Debit or ACH Credit. Visit ePay page for more info.