Tax Commission News Release
Are you eligible for property tax relief in 2019?
BOISE, IDAHO – Feb. 19, 2019 – You could qualify for some relief from your property taxes. Idaho’s Property Tax Reduction program reduces property taxes on an eligible homeowner’s primary Idaho residence and up to one acre of land by as much as $1,320.
“Many homeowners think you have to be 65 before you can apply, but that’s not the case,” said Pam Waters, coordinator of the Property Tax Reduction program for the Idaho State Tax Commission. “You may be eligible at any age if you meet certain criteria.”
To qualify, you must be in one of the following categories by Jan. 1, 2019:
- Recognized as disabled by the Social Security Administration, Railroad Retirement Board, Federal Civil Service, a public employee retirement system not covered by these agencies, or by Veterans Affairs
- Fatherless or motherless child under 18 years old
- Former prisoner of war
- Age 65 or older
The program requires that you have no more than $30,450 in total income in 2018. You also must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident and own and live in your home by April 14, 2019.
For more information:
- Contact any county assessor’s office in Idaho
- Call the Tax Commission at (208) 334-7736 in the Boise area or toll free at (800) 334-7756
- Visit the Tax Commission’s Property Tax Reduction (Circuit Breaker) webpage
tax pros news release general