Idaho State Tax Commission

Idaho State Tax Commission

Tax Commission News Release

Solar eclipse: Selling or renting out during this event?

BOISE, IDAHO — June 28, 2017 — The August 21 total solar eclipse will bring many visitors to Idaho. If you’re thinking of selling or renting to them during the festivities, you’ll need to collect and remit the Idaho sales and lodging taxes that apply, according to the Idaho State Tax Commission. You may also need to collect a local sales tax charged by some resort cities and auditorium districts. Here are some examples:   

How to register to collect and remit taxes

Apply online through to get permits for the Idaho sales tax, travel and convention tax, and Greater Boise Auditorium District tax:

To register to collect other local sales taxes, contact the local taxing authority.

For more information, visit or call the Tax Commission at (208) 334-7660 in the Boise area or toll-free at (800) 972-7660. 


Posted 06-28-2017
tax pros news release general

Return to top of page

The information on this site is for general guidance only. Tax laws are complex and change regularly. We can't cover every circumstance in our website guides. We work to provide current and accurate information on our website. But some information could have technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. If there's a conflict between current tax law and the information on our website, current tax law will govern.