Tax Commission News Release
New graphic helps you track your tax refund status online
BOISE, IDAHO — April 20, 2017 — Now that you’ve filed your Idaho income tax return, you can track your refund status online with the help of a new graphic. The graphic shows your return’s progress through four stages on the Idaho State Tax Commission’s website. To track your refund online, go to tax.idaho.gov and click on "Refund status."
You can also track your refund by calling the Tax Commission's automated refund phone system at 364-7389 in the Boise area or toll-free at (888) 228-5770.
To get your refund status, you must provide your Social Security number and the amount of your expected refund.
“Both our online and automated phone refund services are available 24 hours a day and offer the most up-to-date information,” said Renee Eymann, public information officer for the Tax Commission. “They’re not only the fastest way to track your refund, but they also provide you the same information you get when speaking on the phone with one of our representatives,” she added.
All returns go through identity theft fraud detection and accuracy checks before the Tax Commission issues any refunds.
- First-time filers: It takes about three weeks to enter your account into our system. Until that time, our refund updates will report your return as "not entered in system." Add those three weeks to the estimates below to determine your refund timeframe.
- E-filers: You can generally begin tracking your refund about four business days after you receive your acknowledgment email from the Tax Commission. Expect your refund about seven to eight weeks after the acknowledgement.
- Paper filers: You can expect to wait three weeks to track your refund status. We must manually enter information from paper returns into our database. Your refund will take about 10 to 11 weeks to process.
- Received a letter from us asking for more information: Your refund will be delayed until we get the requested information, and we've been able to review it.
Visit the “Refund Info” page at tax.idaho.gov/refundinfo to learn more about refunds. For information about Idaho taxes, visit tax.idaho.gov or call the Tax Commission at 334-7660 in the Boise area or toll-free at (800) 972-7660.
See image of new refund graphic.
tax pros news release general
- Subscribe to our News
- Follow us on Twitter @idahotax
- Media: Visit our Newsroom
- Visit our Online Learning page
- Watch our YouTube Channel - IdahoStateTax