Idaho State Tax Commission

Idaho State Tax Commission

This article is over 12 months old and may be out of date. Please check elsewhere on our website or contact us if you need more information.

Tax Commission News Release

Spanish speakers can get tax questions answered at Mexican Consulate April 3 in Boise

BOISE, IDAHO — March 25, 2013 — Spanish-speaking Idahoans will have one last chance before the April 15 income tax deadline to get their Idaho tax questions answered in person at the Mexican Consulate in Boise.  

Thanks to a partnership with the Idaho State Tax Commission, a bilingual Tax Commission employee will be at the consulate from 9-11 a.m. on Wednesday, April 3. The Mexican Consulate is located at 701 Morrison Knudsen Plaza Drive, Suite 102 in the URS building complex (formerly Washington Group Plaza). 

“This will be the last of three opportunities for the Hispanic community to ask tax questions at the consulate before tax day,” said Leslie Jones from the Tax Commission’s Public Information Office.  “Many of the questions we received at our last session were about starting businesses. Even though our main purpose has been to help with individual income taxes, we’re happy to help with any tax concerns,” Jones added.
Residents who can’t attend the April 3 session at the Mexican Consulate can call or visit the Tax Commission Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and get help from a Spanish-speaking representative.

The Tax Commission office is located at 800 Park Blvd., in the same office complex as the consulate. The phone number is 334-7660 in the Boise area, and (800) 972-7660 toll free. For more information about Idaho taxes, visit

Posted 03-25-2013

This information is for general guidance only. Tax laws are complex and change regularly. We can't cover every circumstance in our guides. This guidance may not apply to your situation. Please contact us with any questions. We work to provide current and accurate information. But some information could have technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. If there's a conflict between current tax law and this information, current tax law will govern.