Idaho State Tax Commission

Idaho State Tax Commission

This article is over 12 months old and may be out of date. Please check elsewhere on our website or contact us if you need more information.

Tax Commission News Release

Save a stamp, drop off tax returns at Tax Commission’s curbside service April 17 in Boise

BOISE, IDAHO — April 12, 2012 — Last-minute tax filers can drop off their state and federal income tax returns without getting out of their car. The Idaho State Tax Commission will offer its annual curbside service to taxpayers from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 17. The Tax Commission is located at 800 Park Blvd. in Plaza IV of the Washington Group Plaza. Individual income tax returns and payments are due Tuesday, April 17 this year for both state and federal taxes.

“Curbside service is an annual event we provide because people tell us they appreciate it,” said Renee Eymann, curbside service coordinator for the Tax Commission.  “We hope it’s one way to help reduce stress on tax day,” she added.

Tax Commission and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) employees will be outside Plaza IV to accept completed state and federal tax returns, and no postage is needed. The Tax Commission will accept all state returns, with or without payments. However, the IRS won’t accept returns with payments. (Taxpayers can drop off federal returns with payments at the IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center in the federal building at 550 West Fort St.) Basic state and federal tax forms, including federal extension forms, will also be available at the curbside service.

Taxpayers can visit the Tax Commission’s website at to find tax forms, make payments, get answers to tax questions, and check on the status of their state refund. They can also walk into the Boise office or call 334-7660 in the Boise area or (800) 972-7660 toll free to have tax-related questions answered, get state tax forms, or make payments. Office and phone hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, including this year’s April 17 tax deadline.

Posted 04-12-2012

This information is for general guidance only. Tax laws are complex and change regularly. We can't cover every circumstance in our guides. This guidance may not apply to your situation. Please contact us with any questions. We work to provide current and accurate information. But some information could have technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. If there's a conflict between current tax law and this information, current tax law will govern.