Idaho State Tax Commission

Idaho State Tax Commission

This article is over 12 months old and may be out of date. Please check elsewhere on our website or contact us if you need more information.

Tax Commission News Release

New Web page lists free income tax help sites by county

BOISE, IDAHO — Feb. 9, 2012 — Senior citizens and low-income taxpayers of any age can find free income tax return preparation sites by going to a new Web page, according to the Idaho State Tax Commission. The sites, sponsored by either the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or the American Association for Retired Persons (AARP) Foundation, are listed together by county.

The free help given at these locations throughout Idaho is designed to help most low-income, elderly, and disabled taxpayers with simple federal and Idaho tax returns. Those who are submitting a state return only to get a grocery credit refund can also get help there, as well as those filing a federal return only to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit.

To find the sites closest to you, go to the Tax Commission’s home page and click on the “Low income? Elderly? Get free tax help!” link under the “Quick Picks” section. Most locations offer electronic filing for faster refunds and some offer help in Spanish.

If you don’t have Internet access, you can find a site by calling the Idaho CareLine at 2-1-1 or (800) 926-2588 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain Time, or AARP’s automated system at (888) 227-7669. Taxpayers can also get help by calling the Tax Commission at (800) 972-7660 toll free or 334-7660 in the Boise area.                                              

Posted 02-09-2012

This information is for general guidance only. Tax laws are complex and change regularly. We can't cover every circumstance in our guides. This guidance may not apply to your situation. Please contact us with any questions. We work to provide current and accurate information. But some information could have technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. If there's a conflict between current tax law and this information, current tax law will govern.