Idaho State Tax Commission

Idaho State Tax Commission

Individual Income Tax - More Information For You

These pages provide more information on topics related to Idaho individual income tax.

Apply your payments correctly Follow these tips to help us get your payments applied to your account without delay.
Capital gains A capital gain occurs when you sell or exchange a capital asset for more than the cost or other basis.
Claim of right income repayments If you had to repay over $3,000 that you included in your taxable income in an earlier year, you may be able to claim a credit or deduction on your Idaho return.
Estates and taxes An estate must file for any tax year it has gross income of $600 or more.
Forgot to file If you forgot to file your income tax returns — what to do next.
Free income tax help Locations throughout Idaho for low-income taxpayers and senior citizens with simple tax returns.
Form 1099-G You may receive a Form 1099-G from the Idaho State Tax Commission in January.
Grocery credit Idaho residents can get a refund, even if not required to file an income tax return.
Identity theft Learn what it means and what you can do.
Medical savings account (MSA) Save for medical expenses and long-term care costs while lowering the Idaho income tax you owe. Idaho MSAs aren't the same as federal ones.
Military Specific information for servicemembers and their families.
Noncitizens Income tax information for nonresident and resident aliens.
Refund information Includes the typical refund timeframe and tips to help your refund process faster.
Refund amount less than expected If you have an outstanding debt with some state agencies or the IRS, your refund may be seized.
Seniors and retirees Information on topics including retirement income and benefits deductions.

Last updated July 19, 2016

This information is for general guidance only. Tax laws are complex and change regularly. We can't cover every circumstance in our guides. This guidance may not apply to your situation. Please contact us with any questions. We work to provide current and accurate information. But some information could have technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. If there's a conflict between current tax law and this information, current tax law will govern.