How our property tax system works
How our property tax system works is an 8 minute 29 second Flash™ video provided by the Idaho Association of Counties to help explain Idaho’s property tax system. The information applies to residences and other property assessed by counties, rather than multi-county businesses (such as utilities and transportation companies) that are assessed by the state. The budget information in this video applies to most taxing districts. However, it’s important to know that the property tax-funded part of a school district’s budget may increase by more than the 3 percent limit (plus growth) that is mentioned in the video.
- Visit our Online Learning page
- Follow us on Twitter @idahotax
- Watch our YouTube Channel - IdahoStateTax
- Subscribe to our News feed
- Visit the Tax Commission Newsroom