Tax Commission News Release
Beat the rush—file your income taxes in March for a faster refund
BOISE, IDAHO — March 13, 2014 —You have until Tuesday, April 15 to file your 2013 individual income tax returns and pay any taxes you owe. But if you’re expecting a refund from Idaho, filing in March will get you your refund faster.
“March is the best time to beat the rush, file your taxes, and get a faster refund before the floodgates open in April,” said Doreen Warren, the Idaho State Tax Commission’s Revenue Operations administrator. “Once April arrives, we get deluged with more than 275,000 tax returns, most of them arriving on the 15th.”
Warren says there are three actions you can take to speed up your refund:
- E-file your state tax return
- File as soon as you can during March
- Choose to have your refund directly deposited into your banking institution
Also, April 15 is the payment deadline for taxpayers to qualify for an automatic filing extension. Those who qualify must file their return by Oct. 15, 2014.
For more information about Idaho taxes, visit tax.idaho.gov. You can also get answers to your basic tax questions by calling the Tax Commission at 334-7660 in the Boise area or toll free at (800) 972-7660.
- Visit our Online Learning page
- Follow us on Twitter @idahotax
- Watch our YouTube Channel - IdahoStateTax
- Subscribe to our News feed
- Visit the Tax Commission Newsroom