Tax Commission News Release
Tax Commission’s new online class helps business start-ups
BOISE, IDAHO — June 27, 2011 — Starting a business? If so, the Idaho State Tax Commission has a new online resource to help. “Starting Your Business on the Right Track” is a five-part, self-paced course covering tax permit requirements for Idaho businesses.
Each part takes about 10-30 minutes to review, with the total course easily completed in an hour and a half. The five sections cover:
- Required permits and how to apply for them
- Idaho income tax withholding
- Sales and use tax
- Sales and use tax exemptions and exemption forms
- E-filing tax returns
“Small business owners are hungry for information that will help them succeed,” said Gary Gear, manager of Taxpayer Services for the Tax Commission. “We’re trying to do our part by making Idaho tax information available to them online, at their convenience.”
The Boise Tax Commission office also offers an on-site “Right Track” class the second Tuesday of each month. For more information, and to register for the class, call 334-7660 in the Boise area or (800) 972-7660 toll free.
- Visit our Online Learning page
- Follow us on Twitter @idahotax
- Watch our YouTube Channel - IdahoStateTax
- Subscribe to our News feed
- Visit the Tax Commission Newsroom