Idaho State Tax Commission

Idaho State Tax Commission

Latest Tax Commission News

Decisions that were posted to the website in October 2014

Following are the decisions that were posted to the Tax Commission's website in October 2014.



If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.

Thank you,

Laurie J. Davies, Legal Administrative Assistant

Idaho State Tax Commission

(208) 334-7530 or

Published 03-06-2015 | Permanent link to this news item

E-filing provides benefits for businesses

BOISE, IDAHO — March 4, 2015 — Businesses that want to e-file both their federal and state income tax returns should visit the Idaho State Tax Commission’s website, (Read more)

Published 03-04-2015 | Permanent link to this news item

Idaho law conforms to Internal Revenue Code

Idaho law conforms to the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) as of Jan. 1, 2015. See our Conformity Web page for more information. 


Published 02-24-2015 | Permanent link to this news item

Employers: Form 967, W-2s, and 1099s due March 2

Employers: Remember to file your Form 967, W-2s, and 1099s by March 2 to avoid penalties.  You can file online through our enhanced Taxpayer Access Point (TAP).  For more information, see our Withholding Web page.


Published 02-20-2015 | Permanent link to this news item

Tax burden for Idahoans is 9th lowest in nation, Tax Commission study shows

BOISE, IDAHO — Feb 19, 2015 — Idaho has the 9th lowest overall state and local tax burden in the country when compared to all other states and the District of Columbia. Idaho also has the lowest tax burden among western states, when measured by the proportion of income that goes to pay for taxes. That’s according to the latest tax burden study published by the Idaho State Tax Commission. (Read more)

Published 02-19-2015 | Permanent link to this news item

Do I have to file a declaration of personal property this year?

If you...

  • ...applied for the personal property exemption before 2015 (in 2013 or 2014), you don't have to file a personal property declaration in 2015, provided you don't own more than $100,000 in personal property within any one county.
  • ...receive a declaration form from a county, you should contact the county to ensure that you've met the requirements for the exemption.
  • ...have more than $100,000 in personal property in any county, you must file a declaration in that county. When determining whether you have more than $100,000 in value, don't include any items purchased on or after January 1, 2013, if these items cost no more than $3,000 each.
  • ...received the personal property exemption in 2014, didn't file a declaration in 2015 and receive an assessment notice in 2015, you may appeal the assessed value if you believe it doesn't reflect the market value of your personal property, or if you don't own more than $100,000 in taxable personal property.

Disclaimer: If you own a combination of ordinary personal property and transient or part-year taxable personal property (i.e., newly acquired items more than $3,000 per item), you must file an annual declaration if the total value of all these types of personal property exceeds $100,000. If you're unsure, you should file the declarations or call your county assessor.

Published 02-18-2015 | Permanent link to this news item

See prior 6 news items

Return to top of page